ABOUT REBUILD 3
It's been a few years since the zombpocalypse turned the world's cities into graveyards and sent the few survivors into hiding. Now you must gather them up and restore civilization to a ruined city, one building at a time.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
Gangs of Deadsville is the third of my (Sarah Northway's) Rebuild series, and the first one available as a full PC downloadable. It's a totally new, much bigger game than the first two. In many ways Rebuild 1 (Flash) and 2 (Flash + mobile) were prototypes for this game.
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 10 resources and one-use items to find or craft
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, farm, fish, trade, bartend...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 70 types of equipment to find
- 100 survivor perks: Melee Training, Green Thumb, Light Sleeper...
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels
Rebuild a ruined city
Hundreds of events and storylines
Assign survivors to missions
Manage fort defense to ward off zombie attacks
Play the campaign or custom cities in skirmish mode
Assign equipment and perks to your survivors
Meet and trade with other factions
Sometimes the true danger is humanity itself...Want more? Here's a zip file with 33 screenshots
- OS: Windows XP+ or Mac OS
- Processor: 1.6Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Most cards. Check here for a list of supported cards
- Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville uses Adobe AIR and Stage 3D. It may have trouble connecting to your graphics card if you have hardware acceleration disabled in an Adobe Flash browser plugin. See here for details and other troubleshooting.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville will be available on iPhone and iPad on the Apple App Store in Summer 2015, as well as on Android.
If you buy direct from RebuildGame.com, you'll also get an Android beta version. The beta still runs slowly on older devices but newer, more powerful phones and tablets are fine. Performance will improve by release.
REVIEWS AND PRESS
- Steam Reviews - 92% Very Positive
- Metacritic (iOS) - 88%
- Metacritic (PC) - 75%
- TouchArcade - Review (90/100)
- 148 Apps - Review (90/100)
- Gamezebo - Review (90/100)
- Pocket Tactics - Review (80/100)
- Hardcore Games - Review (4/5)
- Pop Matters - Review (9/10)
- Games Reviewer - Rebuild 3 Review (4.5/5)
- The Shelter - Review (Italian) (7.5/10)
- Gamer Boom - Review
- IGN Hungary - Review (Hungarian)
- Modern Jamming - Review
- Engadget - Preview
- Rock Paper Shotgun - Preview
- Rock Paper Shotgun - Rebuild 3 Out Of Early Access
- Game-Wisdom (Youtube) - Rebuild 3 Spotlight (Part 1)
- BumpyMcSquigums (Youtube) - Let's Play Rebuild 3 (Ep 1)
- Dextor Plays (Youtube) - Rebuild 3 Ep1 Its a Start
- Flik's Gaming Stuff (Youtube) - Let's look at: Rebuild 3
- Mr Falcon (Youtube) - Let's play part 1 of 17
- Voidfox (Youtube) - Let's play Gangs of Deadsville
- Justin Hall - Sarah Northway: Post-Apocalyptic Game Developer (video)
- UpDownRight - An Interview with... Sarah Northway
- Hardcore Droid - Rebuild 3 and More!
- Horrible Night - Can Develop, Does Travel
- abouttogetreal - An Interview With Video Game Designer Sarah Northway
- Arcadian Rythms - Let's Move to Deadsville: an interview with Sarah Northway
- Khan Academy - Sarah Northway, Game Maker and Nomad
- Games Reviewer - Interview with Sarah Northway